A lover of the roaring silences in life .... and passion for journaling about the minutiae of food, fitness & life...

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Food for Thought

I was swimming today & realized how confident I feel in the pool. I am slooooow, steady & boring (freestyle baby) but... Over the past year or so I have become a swimmer. I go to the pool in rain, wind, cold, I make myself go if I only have 20 min (better than nothing, always worth it!), I get in lanes with 1-2 people, ask forcefully " ok if we share or circle?" I play the game & know the rules.

Same with running & biking, and now with Bar & Zumba. I muster the hutzpah and make myself GO & enjoy it. I don't let nerves, anxiety, fear, shyness, or dissatisfaction with my ass in spandex or bathing suit stop me. I try to overcome excuses (too hungry, too tired, headache, too busy...) by keeping food & water in my car, advil too. I am a master of flexibility...too warm to run, I swim. Too rainy to bike, I go to Bar, too crunchy to run, I walk.

I am here to play the game, to sweat & feel the burn, the rush, the strength, the bliss during & after... Put me in Coach, I'm ready to play. This is the only life I've got (that I remember), I'm not going to spend it loafing on the bench. Well, I do love to loaf... but only AFTER my workouts when I'm exhilarated and spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak honestly so that we can all have a nice soul food chat...but play nice please, no meanies.