A lover of the roaring silences in life .... and passion for journaling about the minutiae of food, fitness & life...

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Fooooood...

I have been trying to limit wheat, gluten, dairy in my every day. I haven't been 100% but I've made a big dent in bad habits. No random crackers, bread, cereal... I do eat my favorite bread (pic) that includes wheat berries, wheat gluten & wheat flour...but I only have 1-2 slices every few days and I'm not going to cut that out because... I don't really need to. If I HAD to cut out WW & Gluten for medical reasons I would but it's really only to try & 'limit' it, I don't have to be perfect :-)

Eating a lot of nuts, dried fruit, fresh fruit, veggies, meat, eggs. Favorites include:kale wrapped apples, lunchmeat wrapped apples, steak slices with chevre raisins & kale. Chevre & goat milk cheddar (soooo good & light & sour in a good way!). Only dairy I am eating is butter & creamer, both limited but again, I'm not going to suffer, I feel healthy.

6 mile run today, overall RAD. Calf & ankle pain first 1-2 miles then gone, crazy knee pain like the Half that was like a knife but it subsided. So happy I did the run today, haven't ran more than 3-4 miles at a time in past few weeks. This restored my mojo and quest for longer longer longer runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak honestly so that we can all have a nice soul food chat...but play nice please, no meanies.