A lover of the roaring silences in life .... and passion for journaling about the minutiae of food, fitness & life...

Monday, July 4, 2011

Kenwood 10k

Did the Kenwood 10k today for the 3rd or 4th time. Always a gorgeous hilly course, so low key. No yahoos or racers. Came in at 1:05... Felt good, ran all the hills (albeit slooooooow), took 3-4 walk breaks for 30 seconds. Going to read about Galloway Method, seems like a productive & long term strategy!

A friend called me on my Fonda today, I need to be doing them. I'm not. It's like wanting to run a marathon but never doing the long runs, not gonna work. NEED to do the Fonda!

2 comments:

  1. xoxxo lady, great run! legs totally sore...

    my fave quote to motivate me toward something I am resisting: "Successful people do the hard things FIRST."

    Maybe Fonda before running? I know you'll get 'er done because you are one committed hot mama athlete!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lady! I love the quote "Don't do what's easy, do what's RIGHT" and that means getting my Fonda done & also train smart, as opposed to just going out and running wiley niley....if I want to run a strong & fun marathon that is :-)

    ReplyDelete

Speak honestly so that we can all have a nice soul food chat...but play nice please, no meanies.