A lover of the roaring silences in life .... and passion for journaling about the minutiae of food, fitness & life...

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Quiet

Feeling quiet today.  Not bad~just quiet.  Some days I am bouncing off the walls and throw myself into running, biking, swimming, and sometimes all those activities in one day.  Not today, woke quiet and been that way all day.  Might be that lady time of the month on the horizon, I have an overwhelming desire to eat chocolate & watch bad Lifetime movies.  Have a lot of ponderings & family activities swirling in the brain, lots of passion for fitness & events...so it feels nice to be quiet for a day.  My bike crashed to the ground the other day in the backyard and I thought I had really damaged it, I was more upset than I thought I would be.  I was almost on the verge of tears, thinking about the amount of money & time it might cost to fix.  Then I got on bender of looking up new bikes online, faster, lighter, newer ones ~ one not picked out by my college boyfriend (although that was a sweet deal having a cyclist who worked at a bike shop buy/assemble & work on your bike. I am feeling the bike shop $$ rub these days, I gotta learn how to fix my own bike!) I took my bike to a local shop & they were great, said my bike wasn't damaged, a few parts had just shifted, it does need a massive cleaning & tightening & overhaul but it is rideable, whew!  Funny how entitled I felt when I thought they could work on it 'today' but instead they said it would be over a week to get an appointment.  No idea why I thought I might be the only one interested in getting my bike worked on during summer vacation & during the height of the Tour de France :-)

Last night I had a bad dream about my bike, it kept disintegrating and falling apart.  I was on a century tour with my dad and a few other random friends kept coming in & out of the dream, we were in a hotel room that turned into a water slide (so odd) but the overall feeling was unhappiness that every time I looked at my bike the wheel or fork or seat was twisted or mushy/melting.  I woke with the realization of how much I am loving biking.  I am of course watching hours of Tour coverage a day so I am sure that is a big influence too but....overall my love for biking and my ladies Triple A group of riding & open water swimming has given me a HUGE passion for activity lately.  When I was camping for a week, it felt like I was gone for sooooooo long, I think partly because I missed two Saturday century rides my friends did.  I was so glad to be camping & relaxing with the family but a big part of me was missing that exhilaration & bonding you get on a century ride.  Chatted with my ladies today about it and I was so happy & proud to see them shining & beaming about the ride, I love seeing that.  Just love it.

SO many things I want to do lately and not enough time to fit it all in.  Between Santa Cruz Mighty mermaid in September and Maui marathon in January, it isn't possible to fit in this 3 day ride in Santa Barbara but oh man, I really wish I could and am inspired to get it on the calendar for next year for sure:
Young Survivors Coalition Ride

So many things to ponder & DO....excited, motivated, inspired...but for today~happily quiet :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak honestly so that we can all have a nice soul food chat...but play nice please, no meanies.