A lover of the roaring silences in life .... and passion for journaling about the minutiae of food, fitness & life...

Monday, October 10, 2011

Gearing up for Nike

Spent the past 4 days curled up with a major bellyache and was really missing my regular workouts.  Today hit the pavement in the pouring & misting rain and it was AWESOME.  It's always fun to be on a run and get rained on but actually heading out INTO the pouring rain is another story.  Had to dig deep but oh my was it worth it.  Warm but soggy, the legs felt amazing after 4 day break.  Just felt free & empowering to be out in the empty gray morning, although even in rain, the older folks who walk their dogs are always out...I love it.

I wish I was doing Nike with a group or at least one person I knew, the shuffle to get to the city pre-race is a bit tricky & not excited about that but overall super-stoked to be with 22,500 other amazing female runners who are out there getting it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak honestly so that we can all have a nice soul food chat...but play nice please, no meanies.