A lover of the roaring silences in life .... and passion for journaling about the minutiae of food, fitness & life...

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Quiet Stillness

My cozy autumn/winter feelings are already creeping back in & I am feeling quieter, slower & wanting to fill my belly with all things pumpkin!  It is also that time of year that I eat a lot of rich foods & sweet foods...usually I eat for comfort & also 'tis the season of goodies all around.  I'm not swearing off the goodies for the season, I can't (and don't want to do that, I like my pumpkin pie & candied walnuts too much) but I am committing to working out and eating as clean as possible so that I feel good & confident during the dark & short winter days when those cases of the "lazy's, downers, mopey's" can creep in to your psyche.  I also love the tradition of not making new year's resolutions based on my weight, fitness or health.  This is the 3 or 4 year that I have committed to getting healthy BEFORE Jan 1 to avoid the "next year I will love my body & be happy with myself"...I want it now not next year!

Did a fabulous 5k Harvest Fair fun run today with Storm & CJ Lightening, Saxy (10k for her!)...a beautiful autumn morning.  I was super tired from a long 9 mile run the day before (on the heels of a long run Thursday, which I shouldn't do, need more short runs) & night out dancing but it felt amazing to be out there & push through the tired & get those endorphins, nothing better!  Ummmm yeah and CJ Lightening is only 8 wks post-baby delivery and KICKING ASS, I am so motivated by her grit & grace!

The last week or so I have been very quiet & tired, not sure if it is coming off being sick, running, triathlon, or getting sick again (nooooo) but I seem to think it has to do with the change of the seasons and needing to just be quiet & cozy.  It's not a bad quiet, just mellow, a bit weepy (but not in a sad way), my acupuncturist would have some beautiful way to sum up my feelings & remind me to just chill during the cold dark months....To take care of myself & SLEEP more.  Runners World mag said that while training for a marathon one should get 9-10 hrs of sleep a day, WHAT?!?!?!  

On my schedule for fall is: the Nike Women's Half Marathn in 2 weeks (YEAH!), Mermaid 10k in November and a Maui Marathon in January.  I have already started mapping out fun events for 2012 that I don't want to miss. I hate it when I look up an event and see it was the weekend before or something.  I really want to do a lot of women centered runs, centuries & Tri's in 2012.

List of Awesome (my to-do list basically :-)

  • 2012 events calendar (Cinderella, Death Ride, TriGirlTri, P10)
  • Core work, arm weights, strength training
  • Gym classes for cardio, strength & crankcycle
  • Clean eating
  • Acupuncture
  • Physical Therapy on right ankle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak honestly so that we can all have a nice soul food chat...but play nice please, no meanies.