A lover of the roaring silences in life .... and passion for journaling about the minutiae of food, fitness & life...

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Bounty & Boon


Really crushing on our CSA.  Every week I go to pick up our bags of fresh, live, and 'sometimes picked that very morning' food I feel happy.  Everything looks & smells wonderful, I love their little store and always pick up another bin full of apples, potatoes, onions, milk, usually for around $18.  It saves us money (If I hit the store for a few odds & ends I would easily spend $80 on whatever caught my eye) and the Dude loves the trip for pick-up as well.  He plays in the field & runs around helping me put the food in the bags.  For a few days after we pick up our CSA we have huge amazing meals, then we slack off a bit until the next week but overall we eat SO much better, fresher and more creatively than we did before joining.  

Took a small run today for the first time in 5 days and sad to say that damn left achilles was still being a bitter bitch.  Ached within the first few minutes and continued to actually hurt the entire run.  I forced myself through the run/walk overall and that just felt pissy.  I love running when i am not thinking of anything but my music, my time to run and being outside.  Today my inner monologue was honestly "ouch pain ouch frick ouch wtf wtf wtf wtf that feels swollen pain pain pain this is not so fun."  It was good to focus on what felt GOOD.  My right achilles and leg felt awesome.  My core is so strong that I was barely breaking a sweat or breathing hard, which I love about having come so far in my running.  I loved the sun & my music and how running really clears out the cobwebs & soot from my brain.

I did NOT like the pain in my ankle that eventually began shooting up my calf :-(  I did feel a bit of achilles on my long climb bike ride on Thursday and need to ponder that.  I also may not have run for 5 days but I did a Bar class, one big climbing  ride and two swims...so technically I wasn't 'resting' my achilles from anything except running.  Have an appointment with my PT in a week & seeing my acupuncturist~I am going to ask to give some love to my ankle and I'm going to take another few days off running.  I have no choice, I am not a fan of running while fighting back tears of pain & aggravation.  Not a fan at all.

I am a HUGE fan of BarSculpt and am still feeling it in my core and legs 4 days later.  I will be heading into the studio for that at least 2 if not 3 times this week.

I also had a great time on my run when I wasn't focused on my ankle, pondering "My Happy.'  Saucony says 'Find Your Strong' and I feel like I have done that and I have also found My Happy.  I know exactly what makes me feel happy, content, confident & peaceful at this point in my life and that feels amazing.

I love running, swimming, biking....absolutely brings me peace and contentment and an overall sense of AWESOME.  Loving on my kiddo as much as I can, soaking in everything about him for the time that I can before he turns into a big gangly boy who wants not much to do with mom.  I appreciate and adore every day with him, I really do.  Same with the husband.  Every day there's adoration and feeling very blessed for what I have & what I have created & what I work hard to maintain.

In the past year I have made even more close & amazing friends that I feel so lucky to have in my life.  I have always been blessed with close girlfriends beginning with my BFF in kindergarten & continuing through college & beyond and for that I am truly thankful.  Widening my circle this past year to include even more ladies & some dudes, all amazing & dear in their own way (fitness friends, preschool friends, online friends, far-away friends, etc...such diverse, rich & amazing human beings).  I am amazed at what they give me & what I give them in this life.  All these new adventures & people & experiences has just been an INSANE and unexpected boon to my life the past few years.  BOON I tell ya.  Now if only that perfect family dog(s) would find us soon, the circle might be complete, we'll see.

Next week looking forward to: clean eating, swim, bike, barsculpt and maybe hopefully a run or two. Also need to start one of the numerous fantastic books stacked on my table.

2 comments:

  1. You are freakin amazing. Soul shining, energy soaring, and driven to the point of possible insanity. There is not much that go awry when you can find the good in anything and you live your life with the adoration that you do.
    You inspire and motivate.
    I am blessed to know that I am among the new connections you comment on. I am blessed to have your strength and push behind me. YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are my soul/sole sister babe, YOU inspire & motivate, we keep one another afloat & for that I am so thrilled & blessed. I'm so glad we are on the same island :-)

      Delete

Speak honestly so that we can all have a nice soul food chat...but play nice please, no meanies.