A lover of the roaring silences in life .... and passion for journaling about the minutiae of food, fitness & life...

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Climbing & chatting

Hit the road today for a ride.  Gorgeous freezing sunshine, seriously cold out there.  I love to ride when I get on my bike but getting there is always a mental battle. Especially with Blondie, I always think we are one small step away from ditching the bikes and getting an espresso & just chatting the morning away.  Yet, we ALWAYS get it done, we both swallow our private lazy thoughts & as long as neither of us mutter "Do we really want to..." then we get geared up & on the bike & chat the morning away while spinning our legs. Win Win.

Today was supposed to be a good loop of rollers by Bodega but we (Blondie) said "Let's climb Coleman instead and then our cars are at Howards for lunch afterwards."  Simple, right? Except Coleman is UP, straight up from the parking lot...but we did it.  Like we always do.  I was anxious, I knew I hadn't done hills in a while and overall I am in good shape but hill climbing is always daunting because it's hard!  The thought of being sweaty, shaky, difficult to catch my breath, burning calf muscles, all from the word GO made me a bit freaky BUT I geared up, saddled up and zoom.  Worth it, every single time.  That's the best thing about fitness, you never regret it.  I dare you to find someone who says they wasted their time on a bike, run, swim, class, weights...after it's over, you never feel like you wasted anything.

We chatted the whole way too, never too out of breath to not gossip.  So awesome.  Scenery was gorgeous, I always feel like I am doing something sinful when I ride on a gorgeous day, like playing hooky from school.  I know how blessed I am and what a blissed out life I lead, I know this & take it to heart every single day.

Coleman goes up and then down and then when you turn around you know you need to go up again to get down, a bit daunting but we accomplished it, with grit & sweat and a lot of "OMG we are so awesome, I can not believe we do this & we love it!"  I absolutely LOVE being out on the road and seeing the gorgeous back areas of Sonoma County that just look & smell different on a bike than in a car.

I love being geared up, being out when others are in, seeing cows on the hillsides as St. Helena is gorgeous in the background.  I love having wicked sore hands and arms from riding the brakes down endless hills that we just CLIMBED ALL THE WAY UP.

Rocking.  Love it.

1 comment:

  1. And you tell me I inspire you?! C'mon gladiator! You are awesome. So need to get MY gear and fun goodies together. Thats the step right after getting in the pool.
    Keep going, keep climbing, keep those muscles shaking. You are so many things other wish they could be. But you were the strong one that found it within herself to make it true. Roar woman ROAR! There is nothing you cant do!

    ReplyDelete

Speak honestly so that we can all have a nice soul food chat...but play nice please, no meanies.