A lover of the roaring silences in life .... and passion for journaling about the minutiae of food, fitness & life...

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Rest...sort of...

Yup, an arrow to the heel is basically what it feels like when I run.  It also feels insanely painful and like I am really being an ass for running on it when it hurts that bad.  Taking a few days off, substituting swimming and biking.  So not truly a rest but certainly a rest from pounding running for at least a day or two. Hopefully not more, running keeps me sane & my blood rushing.  Going to use ice, stretch, ibuprofen and massage.  Achilles hasn't hurt like this in a long time, I'm sure it was Maui that amped it up...gotta get it to settle down again.  I also need to fit it into my schedule for a zumba and bar workout class 1-2 times a week, my friend recently did it & loved it, I need to diversify if I plan to be a long term runner.
"The Achilles tendon is the connection between the heel and the most powerful muscle group in the body. This has long been known as a site which is prone to disabling injury.  This tendon is named after Achilles, who according to myth, was protected from wounds by being dipped in a magical pond by his mother. She held him by the heel, which was not immersed, and later died by an arrow wound in his heel."

1 comment:

  1. Rest is so incredibly difficult for junkies. :) Rest, my dear, rest. Easier said than done, I completely understand.

    ReplyDelete

Speak honestly so that we can all have a nice soul food chat...but play nice please, no meanies.