A lover of the roaring silences in life .... and passion for journaling about the minutiae of food, fitness & life...

Friday, January 6, 2012

Calm before the...

FOUR days off. I haven't taken four lazy days off in.... I don't know how long. Ran 15, 2.5 & then 4.5 and these past four days I've done NADA. I feel so lazy & blech, which I need to think about. If four day off exercise endorphins makes me feel junky, I'm definitely addicted :-). There's worse addictions I guess.

BIG run tomorrow 18-20 miles. Last big run before Maui. Hoping it's awesome, smooth & a total ego boost. Most likely will be so hard, slow & gut-wrenching but it'll be done. If four days off doesn't allow me to run well (or basically just get 'er done) then any future marathons are sooooo not bring signed up for. I can't wait to return to the HALF, those are so easy & fun!

Excited for a spring filled with run, bike, swim and strength training! Goals & aspirations: run 3 times a week (4-10 miles each, one long run of 11-13 a week), swim 2-3 times, bike 1 time. Start lifting weights or just core training on my own (push up, squads, lunges)...also walk, read, watch movies, write.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, mermaid! Planning on doing any Mermaid events in 2012? I'll be doing the East Bay run in May and the Alameda Tri in June. Hope to see ya there! (ps, I used to blog at shapeshifteryoga.blogspot.com if you're wondering who this is ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY! I knew who you were :-) I'll see you in May, I'm doing the 18 miler! You? Maybe the Tri in June too, have yet to make my peace with ocean swimming (shark!) I need to train an SF Aquatic I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I just now got your response to this, so weird :-) GOOD LUCK with your marathon ~ you will do awesome!!

    And yes, I'm doing the 18-miler in May... prep for the SF Marathon, my first! We can cheer each other on :-)

    Have a fantastic time in Maui!!

    ReplyDelete

Speak honestly so that we can all have a nice soul food chat...but play nice please, no meanies.