A lover of the roaring silences in life .... and passion for journaling about the minutiae of food, fitness & life...

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Dreams & more....

The night after I pounded out 15 miles I had the best dream.  I was running the Nike Half with Jen & Gina and I was FLYING.  It was a glorious dream.  Sometimes after a long run, you are sore and not feeling so footloose & fancy free but this dream was the opposite.  It felt amazing to be running running running in this dream.  I woke up with legs ready to go and slogged out a crunchy/sore 2.5 to get in a last run of 2011.

I'm still pensive about Maui in a few weeks.  I think it is the memory of Portland (pain, injury, pounding rain, desolate train yards, crazy hill up to the bridge, 23 min miles...) that is freaking me out.  The BEST thing about Portland were my amazing friends who were there to cheer me on & drink afterwards & watch the Giants game in the hotel bar.  I won't have that this time and I'm already missing it.  I love to have the opportunity (and physical body) to run and am excited to have the 'time' to just run, like Nike Half.  I was so excited to just be alone (amongst 20k) and running on a great day, no place I'd rather be.  I know I'll feel that way about Maui come game day but right now...I do have a wee bit of the NERVES.

This is making me feel better though, can't ask for better conditions:
78% of a full moon too!

The course starts at 112' in Wailea and is a "rolley" downhill to sea level at 1.3 miles, then flat.  
At mile 10 starts the “Long Green Mile”uphill to mile 11 at 157'.  Mile 12 is 132', the Tunnel is at 16 miles and 106', 17 miles is at sea level and FLAT to the finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak honestly so that we can all have a nice soul food chat...but play nice please, no meanies.