A lover of the roaring silences in life .... and passion for journaling about the minutiae of food, fitness & life...

Thursday, January 19, 2012

For Me...

As I run around getting ready to leave for Maui Marathon, I am anxious & a bit stressed.  Not about covering 26.2 miles in humid warm weather, instead I am anxious about buying groceries for the boys while I'm gone, getting new wiper blades for the car since it's raining & I want the car to be good 7 safe while I am away, setting out clothes & packing bags for kiddo to go to grandma's & school while I am away.  All of this prep and attention reminds me of how much I do for others, how I love doing it, and overall how running is ALL MINE and all the prep I do for it, is FOR ME & only me.  Running relaxes me, energizes me, soothes me, makes me happy.  All of these other activities of care-taking the ones I love make me feel wonderful as well but running is the only thing that truly belongs to me & I do for me.  Which is why I LOVE it.

This time before my last marathon I was injured with a major hamstring pull, pain and basically had not run for 3 weeks.  I was sick with anxiety about what a real marathon would feel like, look like and if it would be difficult (so much more than I anticipated unfortunately).  This time around I am healthy, as in shape for running as I can be (I can be a lot more physically fit in so many ways, I plan to address this after the event!), I am injury-free and I am excited for the event instead of anxious.  So glad to be where I am right NOW :-)  it's all good.  See ya on the coastline...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak honestly so that we can all have a nice soul food chat...but play nice please, no meanies.