A lover of the roaring silences in life .... and passion for journaling about the minutiae of food, fitness & life...

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Diving IN

We did it! The Triple A training team got in the open water today and we rocked it hardcore!  About a .5 mile swim in gorgeous clear lake, very cold and first time in open water for me.  I'm just so damn proud of myself & the ladies for making the plan, trekking there, struggling into the wetsuits and diving in!  Seriously, this whole fitness thing is 90% mental if not more, once we were in the water, we were golden.   Took me a few minutes to warm up & took a really long while for me to stop freaking out about lake zombies and super size fish fears (still freaking out actually but I subdued the irrational fears long enough to enjoy myself).  On the way back from the swim I put it in high gear, found my groove, although it was mostly breast stroke with my head out of the water...and felt really strong & excited.  Still have a big issue with looking in the water but realized the faster I go and the more bubbles I blow, the less I see underwater!  I think my two main concerns for Saturday sprint tri are: tracking, so I know where I am going without expending too much energy drifting away from where I need to go.  The other big concern is getting kicked, sloshed, swam over, pushed under, water up the nose, goggles knocked off and general crazy chaos that is the swimming portion of a triathlon.  Oh well, not much I can do about that...here it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak honestly so that we can all have a nice soul food chat...but play nice please, no meanies.