A lover of the roaring silences in life .... and passion for journaling about the minutiae of food, fitness & life...

Thursday, June 9, 2011

The power of pix

Here's a great blog post from one of my favorite bloggers, Sundry.  I have followed her for years in her journey through motherhood, fitness, from loathing running to doing a marathon, crossfit, learning to swim, and a Tri.  I have sneered at her posts when she is at the peak while I was at the bottom, and cheered her posts when she bares her soul & bod, to hold herself accountable for her own fitness & happiness.  My fav thing about her post today is the pic of her in the cargo pants, you can just 'feel' through the lens how much more comfortable she is in her skin in the 'after pic.'  Aside from looking better in her pants, there is a sense of confidence in her pose and I know that feeling, it is one we all strive for...if we admit it or not.  We all know how good it feels to be comfortable in our cargo pants, face it ladies :-)

I might do the pix thing soon, I do have a good benchmark for progress come my Olympic Tri in September.  I am really hoping my minivan mom second wave arms are transformed by then through training ....the power of pix would be so motivating.  I guess I could take pix and then not post the before until I am happy with the after...

Sundry Blog Post, a great read!
The state of things-fitness wise

1 comment:

  1. I guess I should note that Sundry uses a fair amount of bad language on her blog, which I adore but might offend some of you, you've been warned. I would definitely swear more on my blog if I sounded as funny as her but alas, my site is clean basically because I wasn't born with the bad language funny bone.

    ReplyDelete

Speak honestly so that we can all have a nice soul food chat...but play nice please, no meanies.