A lover of the roaring silences in life .... and passion for journaling about the minutiae of food, fitness & life...

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Mermaid Triathlon Alameda 6/11



 Geared Up


 I was nervous!

 Right before the swim I got really calm, thank you beezus!
 Water was actually comfy, anticipation was worse than the actual event.  They played music & were so amped for the start, that was a huge help.  The numerous guys on paddle boards also made me feel relaxed!

 Waiting for the start was calm & fun, lots of banter with the ladies

 The swells were dicey, swallowed a fair bit of water & at halfway point I freaked out a bit but pressed on, nowhere to go but forward!


 Riding high after the swim, whew!

 I love to bike, that portion was relaxing & fun & easy peasy.  I even forgot my fear of getting a flat, which was good, saw little on-course SAG support but no one needed it.

 Finishing up the ride, great fun

 Started the run & forgot two things: that my legs might feel like bricks (they didn't) and that I would not be able to run without music (didn't even notice!)  Easy strong run, no side aches, just pure easy strides & joy

 High on adrenaline, big smiles, a total blast~Mermaid Series puts on a fantastic race

Heading to margaritas, what a thrilling day~can't wait for the next one!

2 comments:

  1. loved reading through your first tri! we chatted a bit briefly at the clinic last saturday...isn't heidi fantastic. i'm totally nervous about throwing all three mini events into one as this mermaid on the 25th will be my first tri....but i will try, tri and surely tri again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and ps: i have the same nutcase! helmet twins ;)

    ReplyDelete

Speak honestly so that we can all have a nice soul food chat...but play nice please, no meanies.