A lover of the roaring silences in life .... and passion for journaling about the minutiae of food, fitness & life...

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Grit Run

So many factors against my run today: 4 hrs sleep, PMS, tired headache, chilly air, lack of motivation, yadda yadda. The factors in my favor: clear sunshine, time, the right gear, bomb-ass music & the looming date of 26.2 Jan 22. First few paces of the run were torture, sore, cold toes, crunchy bod, heavy...I think I literally clenched my teeth to soldier on.

Tunes bumping...people who run without music are rad, that's not me. I NEED my beats to move, then I'm rad. Settled into run, only thing that really kept me going was that I knew I needed to log this maintenance run & then it started to feel awesome as usual. I did the out & back trick...run AWAY from your car, so you can't cut a run short, you gotta get it done to get home!

Took Galloway 1min walk breaks & still ended up with 11:17, not bad at all. Feeling groovy, now I get to have fun & swim :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak honestly so that we can all have a nice soul food chat...but play nice please, no meanies.