A lover of the roaring silences in life .... and passion for journaling about the minutiae of food, fitness & life...

Saturday, December 17, 2011

I'm a Runner...and so much more...

On the trail today grinding out a run before we leave for the weekend.  So hard to make a run a priority when all you want to do is pack, snuggle kiddo and get away for the weekend but...got it done.  Boooyah!!!!  As I was running I had this overwhelming feeling/rush of "I AM A RUNNER" from the gear to the resolve to the joy I get from being out there.  It is an amazing feeling, especially because there was a time when I could not (when pushed) define myself at all.  Curled up in the corner of a couch, sad & weepy when asked "what are your hobbies/interests?" by my counselor.  Now I can strongly say "I am a runner, swimmer, biker chick, triathlete, part-time vegan, fitness enthusiast, life ....enthusiast!  The one thing I have realized in the past few years that is ever important to me is LOVE.  Love for myself, if I don't have that, I have absolutely nothing to give to all the amazing people in my life.  They deserve so much, from me...and in order to give that to them, I need to give SO much more to myself first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak honestly so that we can all have a nice soul food chat...but play nice please, no meanies.