A lover of the roaring silences in life .... and passion for journaling about the minutiae of food, fitness & life...

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Awesome

Well, I did it...the Triathlon not the Duathlon.  I did the swim I was so terrified of.  I didn't love it, it didn't get any easier, I loathed almost every minute of it actually but...I did it.

THANK YOU BEEZUS, whew!

I know now that if I had switched to the Duathlon I would have regretted it.  I do want to train for and compete in a Duathlon someday but in this case I would be switching to the Dua out of fear and that is never a good idea. I did try to change to the Dua and if it had been easy, I would have done it & been Ok I'm sure.  The Mermaids at registration pushed me just the tiniest bit to reconsider and I jumped on it, in my heart (even my terrified heart) I think I wanted to do the swim.  I may never reg for another Tri that has an ocean swim in it but at least I wrapped up my last ocean swim in a good way, getting it done & not bugging out!

The rest of the Tri was awesome as usual, transition to bike was a long walk uphill but I loved it, allowed me time to absorb the fact that I actually completed the swim! Bike portion was easy (except the one time I nearly smashed into a parked car when not paying attention, humbling!) The run was easy, slightly uphill but so do-able.  Only problem was I blew past the restrooms for some reason and I should have taken the opportunity...I spent 2.5 miles needing to pee!  All in all the Mermaid triathlon was nothing short of truly AWESOME.  The organizers are top rate and the women, so motivating, inspiring and supportive.  I can not say enough about them, just plain RAD.  I hope to do every Mermaid event I can and be involved with them for years to come.

TriGirlTri is this weekend, signed up when I was positive I would flake on the ocean swim.  Excited to do the Tri but bummed I have to drive 1.5 hrs at 6am....ick.  Oh well, time to pull on the big girl panties and TRI and like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak honestly so that we can all have a nice soul food chat...but play nice please, no meanies.