A lover of the roaring silences in life .... and passion for journaling about the minutiae of food, fitness & life...

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Own It Baby!

Owning it.......that is what I have been thinking about a lot lately.  There is SO much power in owning your thoughts, actions & emotions.  If you put something out to the universe but don't own up to it, there is really no power or strength in the action or statement, so why?  For me, being accountable for my thoughts & actions has brought me to a whole new level of understanding about myself, looking at things I want to change & also being proud of things I used to not want to admit.  So just a few things I have pondered owning up to lately, big & small in scope :-)

  • I own the fact that I am currently addicted to running, swimming & biking
  • I own the fact that I feel good & motivated after I swim, run or bike
  • I own the fact that I can be crabby if I don't get in my exercise & that can have a negative result with Awesome or on my day
  • I own the fact that I put physical activities at the top of my To Do list
  • I own the fact that I need to balance my calendar a bit more and give more time to family fun & solo time vs. adventuring
  • I own the fact that I have a crazy unsubstantiated fear of sharks, lake zombies & mountain lions...and crazy psycho people like in horror movie commercials that freak me out for the 1.5 minutes they are on TV
  • I own up to being a Twicrack addict & even though the frenzy has waned a bit, I still love me some sparkle
  • I own the fact that I adore teen fiction like Hunger Games & Divergent because it is emotional & simple
  • I own up to sometimes going a week without making something green for dinner
  • I own up to giving my kiddo way too many treats
  • I own up to working hard at trying to laugh more with my girlfriends as we get older & life gets more gritty & real
  • I own the feelings of anger & worry in regards to our current political system
  • I own my feeling of wanting material objects while at the same time wanting to simplify my life
  • I own the fact that I am getting grey hair but refuse to look or feel middle-aged in the slightest
  • I own the fact that in the past year or so my attitude and actions in life have shifted, this has created some divides between myself & lifelong friends but has also brought me new & wonderful experiences & people.  I own the fact that this shift is scary but feels honest, balanced & solid
  • I own my new philosophy of not talking about another person unless I am prepared to say that same information to the person's face
  • I own the fact that while I strive to be a veggie & vegan as much as possible I still crave & eat pate.
  • I own my ponderings of some day soon doing an Ultra marathon & finishing it even if it takes me 24 hrs (omg I hope not!)
  • I own up to my fears of not fundraising for any of my races because I am terrified of not meeting my goal in some way.  I own the fact that I am 'this close' to committing to fundraising for a few big events in 2012
  • I own the fact that at this current moment in my life I don't have a passion for a certain career or life path like I have in the past (counseling, HR, admin) but I feel ok with that
  • I own up to my feelings of uncertainty about the desire or (lack there of) having another baby
  • I own up to my fears of never successfully starting or finishing a garden & providing home grown food for my family.  This is something I desire but have yet to put one ounce of work into
  • I own up to being a SAHM and having oodles of time in my day and yet, it has been MONTHS and "clean out the closet" is still on the top of my to do list
  • I own the fact that I worry about coddling my son too much and having him be a mama's boy.  I own the fact that I have incredibly high hopes for him to be a strong, confident, loving, caring, phenomenal human being
More ownership to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak honestly so that we can all have a nice soul food chat...but play nice please, no meanies.