A lover of the roaring silences in life .... and passion for journaling about the minutiae of food, fitness & life...

Saturday, September 24, 2011

To Tri or....Dua something else instead?

This has been a sucky week of a cold, cough and sinus infection.  Finally got meds yesterday and feel so much better, I now longer want to keep my eyes closed all day due to sinus pressure & headache.  I still am not my energizer bunny self but I feel human again & husband has commented "you don't look so sad & miserable anymore."

Still not sure if I will do the Tri or the Dua.  The Duathlon has never appealed to me, did one in college and it was hot & difficult.  There is NO way I am bugging out on the Mermaid tho', I love the philosophy, I'm fit & I am so excited for the weekend but....the swim in the ocean is bringing me down.  Had no idea how much I loathed ocean swimming till I did it (I guess snuba'ing in Hawaii far out from shore near an old ship 15 yrs ago and being so afraid I puked my guts out should have been a clue).  So...we'll see.  I am having a very difficult time not feeling like a loser by switching events BUT if I had friends doing the Duathlon by choice from the start I would think they were rock stars, people do Duathlons as a career & fitness choice...why am I so hard on myself?

Just trying to decide if I should go brawn & just hate every minute of the swim but power through or go with honesty & admit I am terrified of something & do something else instead that I will enjoy most every minute?  I hate spiders and am not signing up to handle tarantulas for fun, I'm afraid of sheer cliffs and I don't feel the need to do the ropes at Half Dome...just trying to decide if this is when I decide I won't be doing any ocean triathlons & focus on lakes (despite the zombies).

I am putting my money where my mouth is though and signed up for Tri Girl Tri next weekend, sprint tri with a lake swim.  I keep saying I would be so excited for this event if it were a LAKE swim.  So now I will need to prove that!

Ok, so I'm off for a fantastic Mermaid filled weekend...report back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak honestly so that we can all have a nice soul food chat...but play nice please, no meanies.