A lover of the roaring silences in life .... and passion for journaling about the minutiae of food, fitness & life...

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Bare Naked

Laying off dairy hasn't been that rough...until today.  A taco salad without sour cream & cheese...ouch.  It was all right, tasted very fresh & yummy but I have to admit, I missed my dairy!  This whole experiment with *limiting dairy & sugar (I say *limiting because if I do eat it I refuse to feel guilty about it. I am too old & life is too short for that type of pressure about a piece of cheese:-) has been a wonderful exercise even for the first few days.  I am so much more AWARE of what I eat & what I grab and throw in my mouth out of habit.  I have been hungry a lot the past few days because I am not snacking on all of dude's leftovers and stuffing my mug whenever the mood strikes.  So this awareness has been great.  I just need to get better at making sure I have lots of non-sugar and non-dairy snacks on hand!  So I don't get ravenous and feel deprived, there is no reason for me to be hungry.

Took a nice 4 miler today, a bit of a calf/achilles ache but not horrible.  I ran out of energy before I ran out of time and that is kinda a bummer.  I had the entire day to run & the weather was perfect but I only ran 50 minutes...which is totally healthy & fine in the fitness scope of things...to a person who loves distance and loves to be out for 2-3 hrs running, well 50 min is nada :-(  

Running & listening to music and being alone & being out cruising town for hours on end is my BLISS.  When I have the time but not the energy or body to enjoy that bliss it makes me feel down and I can't stand that.  I need to find a way to manage my addiction to running :-)  Not a bad addiction to have but definitely one that needs to be put in perspective when I can't run for 2-3 hrs because of an injury or recovery of an injury or just because life gets in the way.  I just need to remember that I am in it for the long haul and will soon be back to long runs, pain-free.  I just feel very far away from the endurance I had for my January 26.2 but I am reassured by the fact that I have tons of time before my next 26.2 and the next and the next and the next.

Hit the pool right after my run to burn off some steam (from not being able to run for hours) and it was awesome.  Love swimming, almost as much as running :-)  Now if only we could have been on our bikes this week....when the rain clears out, we'll be back to climbing.  Been loving Bar & Zumba, wish I could go more often and that the timing of morning zumba fit my schedule better.  Oh well, can't do everything...but I can try :-)  Have been sore lately from classes and the squats from the crazy exercise I got from SD, love that sore feeling, hurts so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak honestly so that we can all have a nice soul food chat...but play nice please, no meanies.