A lover of the roaring silences in life .... and passion for journaling about the minutiae of food, fitness & life...

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Be Nice


Great day all around!  I knew I wanted to take a short run & I think that made me weepy all morning.  Not sure why, fear probably.  Fear of pain & not being able to run.  I had a bit of soreness in my quads & abs from: zumba, bar & bike the previous day.  The fact that I wasn't more sore, showed that I wasn't giving it my all in Bar :-) Usually I feel that class for days!  I stretched, choked back my tears for fears (pun intended) and set off on my run..

...no screeching pain..BOOYAH.  A minor dull ache but nothing compared to what I had been dealing with on my previous runs.  I kept it slow & steady, walked and stretched a lot and by the end of the short run I could feel my achilles a bit more (but knowing it isn't really my achilles but more my calf muscle and the loop around the ankle) I think I chilled out.  My brain was no longer thundering "you are going to rupture your achilles RIGHT NOW!!"  I really wanted to go 5, 7, 10 miles and I could have.  The ache I felt was nothing compared to long run aches but I know how much I want to RUN forever (well at least until I'm like 94yrs, give or take) and so I called it at 3.5.  GO me, being a responsible adult and all that jazz.

Took a gorgeous swim at Ives later, non-crowded pool, hilarious compared to the 5 people to a lane on Monday.  LOVE swimming, laps to me are not a workout, they are like yoga or a nap, totally refreshing and invigorating.  Love it.

Tonight is Cane & Ice and Elevate.  Sending thoughts of warm fuzzies & unicorn tears & rainbows to my ankle for continued healing and hopefully a longer run this weekend...5-7 miles...Yes, Please!

A friend told me lately that her new motto in life is "just be nice, just be kind" and I have thought about that A LOT lately.  I like to think of myself as a happy, jovial, fun-loving and easy-going gal but I'm not always.  I can be persnickety and petty and selfish and crabby and witchy and...well, you get the point.  I'm not always Miss Sunshine but those words "just be nice, be kind" have floated through my head for the past few days & I am taking them to heart.  Whenever I feel any of the above emotions, or anxious & stressed & tired & spent....I just think softly to myself ...be kind....be nice....and I feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak honestly so that we can all have a nice soul food chat...but play nice please, no meanies.