A lover of the roaring silences in life .... and passion for journaling about the minutiae of food, fitness & life...

Monday, March 5, 2012

The Cane


That would be my new physical therapy tool.  Had a great meeting with PT today, he really looked over all my mechanics & reassured me I am NOT on my way to rupturing my achilles.  It is in fact a calf strain, representing itself in throbbing pain near my achilles.  The course of action is the dreaded deep massage that always makes me silently cry when I get worked on by one of the PT docs.  Now I get to make myself silently cry at home, yeah! UGH.  This cane can be used in soooo many different ways to rub out tight muscles or tense areas that need to be kneaded.  Now I just need to make myself use it, how to sign up for daily torture I have no idea.

Took Barsculpt today, have a stuffy head -cold and was 10 min late due to PT appt but I still went.  So proud of me, to enter a packed room in session and squeeze in the back, so not my style but dude I am committed.  Only gave about 70% in class, just felt achy & tired and weak but again, I was THERE!

This afternoon was so in the mood for a nap but I knew if I swam in the sunshine it would help my cold, swimming always helps head-colds.  So I forced myself to go, only had 35 minutes and I still got there & got in.  Busy as anything at the pool, a full lane (4 swimmers and 1 person doing aqua therapy on the side) kinda crazy but everyone was so nice and I wasn't aggro about getting a solid workout, I was just happy I was THERE.  Great swim and the woman in the locker room told me I was "so nice & accommodating" with her in my lane (there is slow swimming and there was this woman's sloooooooow swimming) and I was like "no worries." and that's truly how I felt, No Worries.

Hope this head cold kicks it soon, only been a day but I am slamming Wellness Formula and already feel better. Excited but nervous for Zumba this week, love the energy & sexy of it...and am also nervous about the energy & sexy of it.  I gotta get back in the groove of "put your hands in the air and shaking it like 'ya just don't care"  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak honestly so that we can all have a nice soul food chat...but play nice please, no meanies.