A lover of the roaring silences in life .... and passion for journaling about the minutiae of food, fitness & life...

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Getting back in the groove

A few thoughts from my last run. I have calf & achilles aches for sure but I think SO much of my difficulty in finding my groove for running post marathon is emotional/mental.

To get to the start & finish line of a marathon, I suck every last bit of mojo, energy, fuel & passion from my bones to do it. So the weeks following it's not a surprise that I am physically & emotionally depleted. I just forgot that. On my Saturday run it came rushing back to me as I was wiping away tears from aches & pains but more so an overwhelming sense of 'where's the joy!? The lightness!?' now that I've felt that lightbulb go off in my brain, that the mojo from my bones is depleted, I do feel lighter. Go figure. Ready to build it back up, one run & motivating thought at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak honestly so that we can all have a nice soul food chat...but play nice please, no meanies.