A lover of the roaring silences in life .... and passion for journaling about the minutiae of food, fitness & life...

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

To Hog Island and Back

Took a crazy great ride to beyond Tomales, to Marshall road & back.  I can't help laughing when I think of my Triple A ladies and how even a 5 hour ride is not 'enough' for us.  Yesterday we were in the saddle 10:30am-3:15pm, with just the shortest break for a sandwich and we were still "Ok, so next time we'll go longer, the full hill and the full loop."  I have no idea how we got to be so hardcore that a 5 hr hilly & long ride is not considered a righteous ride!  I love it :-) Yesterday was gorgeous and sweaty and fast and painful (climbing) where I am thinking "why am I doing this again?"  Then I get to a gorgeous view or in a wonderful easy cadence or we have a phenomenal soul cleansing chat and I think "oh yeah, THIS is why."  I used to be so jittery and shaky on downhills or with traffic and now I am so at ease with big trucks zooming by.  I am still no speeding Sally on downhills but I have come to love the feel of the air and the brisk pace of a solid downhill.  I still loathe the idea of going face over handlebars and a good crash or tire blow-out but I no longer live/ride in fear of it.

My mind is constantly thinking about women-only triathlons to find, races & century events to put on my calendar.  I love love love love it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak honestly so that we can all have a nice soul food chat...but play nice please, no meanies.