A lover of the roaring silences in life .... and passion for journaling about the minutiae of food, fitness & life...

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Very Hot & Pretty Cool

Awesome swim with Triple A *Blondie today.  Lake Sonoma, two loops!  I am betting on it being 400-500yds, maybe a smidge more...or less.  First loop was anxious for us both, not sure why.  Then on 2nd loop we spent the first part chatting & lazily swimming.  Really got us comfortable.  The entire 2nd loop back we got in the groove and freestyled next to one another without stopping, felt glorious!  I wish I could always swim in open water (or the OCEAN) like that, at ease.  Maybe some day...maybe not.  Tried swimming in water shoes, huge fail, had to jam them in my wetsuit, I will be leaving them on the beach for the transition and just hope no one else snags them, bad karma for them.  I still LOVE my wetsuit, best purchase ever.  Also love my new goggles AquaSphere, a bit too much visibility though, made the underwater view too clear, had to close my eyes so as not to see the lake zombies I KNOW are lurking :-)  Great seal on the goggles, can't wait to wear in the pool, I'm so used to the speedo vanquisher, wonder if I will switch for good to the bigger goggle.

Chilled on the beach a few minutes, Blondie fueled with PB sandwich (my belly was filled with an egg bagel from earlier, great choice) and we chatted about how RAD it felt to be out there DOING this stuff.  Walked the good distance to car & changed for riding.  Tackled some nifty climbs, we were both hurting from 9 mile runs the previous day & a full week of training.  Soooo crazy hot on the ride, sweat & salt coating the bod, felt fabulous.  I nearly rode over Blondie on my quest to get away from what I swear was a mountain lion rummaging in the bushes near the road on a climb.  Blondie laughed  so hard as she said it was most likely a deer or a squirrel...I'm not so sure!  Got my adrenaline pumping big time!

After the swim & ride we had lunch at Dry Creek store, best ever.  Just chilling out  while drinking Dr.Pepper, eating deli sandwiches & salted caramels.  Life is pretty damn sweet, you won't catch me complaining one bit.

*Thought of Triple A girlie who i'll call 'Babe' who wranked her toe something awful last night & is waiting to hear if it is broken and obviously couldn't join today :-( Injury can happen at any minute in life and/or training.  Gotta just enjoy the ride while we can, it's fleeting...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak honestly so that we can all have a nice soul food chat...but play nice please, no meanies.