A lover of the roaring silences in life .... and passion for journaling about the minutiae of food, fitness & life...

Monday, May 16, 2011

Drenched

Started a run with ominous clouds, soon turned to dumping rain & hail. Felt crazy to be out there but man it was fun! Sopping wet when I wrapped it up a la Portland. Something awesome about running in the elements though.

Saw foot doc again & joked that I wish he could just give me a shot to make my foot feel better...funny, that was his plan. Cortisone shot. Hurt like beezus but worth it if it helps. I am on the fence about this doc, he seems to really know his stuff but at the same time calls me sweetie which I think is generational but still irks me.  He was also about to shoot up my foot with the cortisone without letting me ask any questions AND if I even wanted to go that route (which I did).  I have never had cortisone before and I am a question person for sure.  He also gave me a dorky teddy bear in a dress to hold before he did the shot and in my head I am thinking "this is so lame, I have had 20+ moles removed I can handle a little shot" but I squeezed that bear like crazy, turns out foot shots are the worst!  As I was leaving I was once again feeling so lucky at this point in life, the open door policy of this doc office allowed me a glimpse of a man getting treated for a terribly burned or 'something' leg all the way up to his knee.  Not sure what was going on, maybe diabetes related but having been through a few months of wound care myself in the past, I know it is a really low point physically & mentally.  Feeling grateful for my health today and tomorrow.

Cheers to hoping for a painless run on Wednesday! Now on to those Fonda stretches I'm not doing & icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak honestly so that we can all have a nice soul food chat...but play nice please, no meanies.