A lover of the roaring silences in life .... and passion for journaling about the minutiae of food, fitness & life...

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Miles

Love the post today by blogger Miles, she echos most of my feelings about running & the benefits to blogging about fitness.  Her site is a huge inspiration, I visit it often, her personal race write-ups & runner profiles are fantastic.  http://www.mile-posts.com/


Miles Blog:
Using Your Blog as a Training Tool

Blogging has changed my life.  It sounds like a dramatic statement, 
but it's true.  It can change your life too and possibly help you 
become a faster, more consistent or happier runner.
How?
Blogging and using sites like 
dailymile or even 
Foursquare can help keep you accountable to 
your training.  It is harder to skip a run when 
you know that what you did or did not do 
for the day will be posted for all your friends 
or training partners to see.
In order to have a successful relationship with running, 
you must do it for yourself.

What do I mean? You are ultimately the only person who can get you out 
the door. The only person who can push yourself farther or faster on a run.  
You are the person who will have the internal head battle that all of us 
runners have.  Should I run today? Will I feel better if I run? I'm tired, 
maybe sleep is more important today? I ran 2 days this week - I really 
deserve a rest day - right? You can not and should not run to impress 
others, to make someone else happy~it has to come from with in - in order 
for it to become a life long endeavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak honestly so that we can all have a nice soul food chat...but play nice please, no meanies.